Friday, July 13, 2007

Last day of the conference (Petty Officer Fitzgerald L. reporting from the Onyx bubble)

Well, I feel this is going to be AWESOME. Mainly because...it's the last day so it should be something memorable to keep our minds focused on. My guess is there is going to be singing first. Let's see if I'm right....


So...there's the ceremonial 3 minute countdown before the beginning of the session. I thought that was a pretty cool idea. It's fun to see people count down once the timer reaches 10 seconds.


Guess what... 1:30 left....minutes...yeah...fun! 1:15....................1:00 minutes......

And...ten..nine...eight...seven..six..five...four...three..two...one....time to go!

Singing time!
There were some awesome songs...and Jadon ended with a song called "Saved by Grace"

I thought that was an awesome song to end with!

So they are playing the student challenge. The trick was to guess how many inches of cheese you could get from a can of easy cheese.

It ended up being 1,161 inches.

I didn't realize there was that much cheese in those cans...?!

The last and final student challenge was awesome! Josh and Alison took a fully equipped computer....
Lcd screen, mouse, keyboard, and the computer itself.
No it was not a working computer.

It ended up flying 268 inches away from the top of the worship center where they dropped it from.

I have a feeling they are gonna have a ton of games today. They are having the 1st annual taco bell olympics for the second time this week. They take taco bell food and use them like discusses...(don't know how to spell it..)

So, it's been an awesome week,

I just hope we don't walk out of here and go back to the normal ritual of daily life. I hope that we can keep the "spiritual high" so to say.

I'm gonna try an online prayer.

Father, I would pray that we keep the spiritual high that you've given us through this conference, and that it would not just vanish....slowly like it has in the past. I would pray that if given the chance you can show us the path you've set for us. Make it more apparent so that we can follow your way as you've set it for us.

Worship is...to me - Reading the bible, singing, value...honor..keywords like that. Praise, grace, sacrifice, focus

To Christopher Taffala, Taffy for short. Worship is -

There is a church that meets 13 times a year, they eat dinner and then at 1 PM, the church opens the doors. The people are so excited that you have this mass of people at the door. Even though the church doesn't start until 2 PM these people

John whom wrote Revelations gave us a sneak peek of what Heaven is like.
Revelations chapter 4

After this I looked and there before me was a door standing open in heaven and the voice I had first heard came to me like a trumpet.
(Taffy) "When I read this it made me think either this person has a trumpet on his face...or two he speaks trumpet! You know how you can "choose" your body? It's almost like you could tell God, "I want my face to look like a saxophone."

At once I was in the spirit and there before me was a throne in heaven. One was seated on the throne and the one seated before the throne looked like Jasper and Carnelian stone. A rainbow that looked like an emerald surrounded the throne. Around that were 24 thrones and on the thrones sat 24 elders dressed in white clothes with gold crowns on their heads. From the throne came flashes of lightning, rumblings, and thunder. Burning before the throne were seven fiery torches which are the seven spirits of God.

I think that's a pretty awesome passage, but me saying its an awesome passage isn't enough. You have to read it and find the meaning. When they say something three times...it means its important. Notice above..the word throne is said six times. Now why would they say throne six times if they didn't want to stress that there is power greater than us?

Romans 12:1-2
Therefore, I urge you brother's in view of god's mercy to offer your bodies as living sacrifices holy and pleasing to god - this is your spiritual act of worship.

(Taffy) "When God says listen, come to me, worship me, everything that you have.

(Taff) Your spiritual life is not hobby.
(Taffy) God is not stamps, transformers collections...even though I like transformers..


(Taffy) Holy, Holy, Holy, is the Lord God almighty."

(Taffy) I am not going to do this because I want to honor God, you are saying Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty.

(Taffy) THAT is worship!

(Taffy) The devil is not attacking those who go and party...he is attacking you..because your are making a difference. You are singing and worshiping and having fellowship. Holy, Holy, Holy, is the Lord God almighty.

I believe that Taffy has some great key points. I agree with him saying that the Devil attacks those whom try to make a difference. I agree with him saying that spiritual life should not be a hobby. It should be more of a part of your life than your other activities if possible.

We are ending with communion and singing. What a nice way to end the week.

Petty Officer Fitzgerald L.
Transmission 21Z39-X End
Onyx Bubble Reporting


This message will self destruct in 30 seconds.

No comments: