Thursday, July 12, 2007

Stop, Be Quiet and Make A Connection

We finished a debrief for our last talk and decided it would be a good idea to utilize what we have been taught these past few days.

STOP.
The first one Doug Feilds told us was to stop, Well that one's not hard for me to do, really i have problems starting and finishing something so stopping is like breathing to me. Taking a break from your daily life to just sit, well if you were my mom you'd be asking, "Well how is that different from your daily life Becky?" haha well i do do things, but one thing i know how to do well is sleeping. Asking me to do something before 12 pm in the summer is like asking me to give you my kidney. I'd do it, but i wouldn't be ashamed to tell you how uncomfortable the surgery was afterwards. Well now i' m just rumbling on on this one so i'll move on to the next step.

BE QUIET.
Quiet? whats that? i mean i've heard that command on many occasions, but i don't think i've ever grasped the concept. i mean i'm the youngest of five but at home, i could be louder then all my older brothers and sisters combined when i wanted attention. I mean thats how i got attention...it was usually negative attention, like "becky stop singing its a small world after all" which was usually followed by a "becky, stop humming to its a small world after all." But hey, i was getting the attention i wanted in the way i knew how to get it. Now as i was listening to Doug Field's talk i'm wondering, "How is God going to pay any attention to me if i just sit there and be quiet?"

MAKE A CONNECTION.
Now imagine the difficulty i had with this last step when i couldnt even sit still long enough without talking. When i'm not talking outloud i am definatly talking to myself in my head, commenting on something i see or thinking about how i forgot my room number so when i had to get my card reset for our room (because i had it in the same pocket as my cell..and sadly i've erased my debit card like that twice so you would've thought that i would have learned by now...but hey i'm a teenager right?) i had to go back twice to get the correct room number on it. As you can see, i ramble a lot on paper so you can only imagine how much is going on in my head at once...Talk about ADD..How in the world am i supposed to sit still and hear God's voice in my mind when i've got so much racket in my own brain. The still soft voice has a lot of competetion in my brain.. its like trying to hear a whisper at a rock concert next to a speaker...I don't know its possible.

I guess my goal for this week is to not talk in my head and then i know that i will be able to hear HIS voice. i think patience will also be key here since silence for 30 seconds to a normal person is like 30 years to me so i like to make any noice every few seconds, even if its just a cough or sniffle.

BECKY
LA CAPITANA DEL BLOGO

No comments: